Thoroughbred Breeders WA represents thoroughbred breeders and the breeding industry.
Our aim is to:
- promote the Western Australian industry both in Australia and overseas and to develop new markets for our horses
- represent the interests of breeders with government and administrative bodies
- encourage new breeders into the market, and
- be of assistance in liaising with other sections of the industry and enhance the racing industry.
Any breeders or those just merely interested in the industry may join, the more members the stronger voice we have. Please contact Amanda for further information regarding membership benefits or download a Membership Application Form here.
WA Breeding Industry
The breeding industry in Western Australia is responsible for approximately 8% of Australia’s yearly foal crops with 12,257 foals born Australia wide last year.
Facts & Figures (2016)
- Number of Stallions standing in Western Australia (2016) 60
- Number of Broodmares returned in Western Australia (2016) 1454
- Number of Foals returned in Western Australia (2016) 969
Although we produce a relatively small number of yearlings in Western Australia we have a lot to be proud of, our home grown horses have been able to not only take on the Eastern Stakes horses in the major races, but more often than not take home the first prize. Our horses are renowned for their toughness and through the deeds of the great champions in Northerly, Miss Andretti, Scenic Blast and Scenic Shot and more recently DELICACY and BLACK HART BART to name a select few we have definitely stamped ourselves as the State for producing the goods with our locally bred horses that perform at the highest level and more often than not are sold as reasonably priced yearlings.
For more information about the breeding industry in Western Australia contact Thoroughbred Breeders WA (08) 9277 9880.
• Brent Atwell
• Phil Ibbotson
• Troy Van Heemst
• Grant Burns
• Sharon King
• Brian Collison
• Ann Croucher
• Fiona Lacey
• Amanda Abraham