Thoroughbred Breeders WA (TBWA) represents thoroughbred breeders and the breeding industry.
Our aim is to:
* promote the Western Australian industry both in Australia and overseas and to develop new markets for our horses
* represent the interests of breeders with government and administrative bodies
* encourage new breeders into the market, and
* be of assistance in liaising with other sections of the industry and enhance the racing industry.
Any breeders or those just merely interested in the industry may join, the more members the stronger voice we have. Please contact Amanda for further information regarding membership benefits or download a Membership Application Form here.
WA Breeding Industry
The breeding industry in Western Australia is responsible for approximately 7% of Australia’s yearly foal crops with 12,835 foals born Australia-wide last year.
Facts & Figures (2018)
* Number of Stallions standing in Western Australia – 55
* Number of Broodmares returned in Western Australia – 1,413
For more information about the breeding industry in Western Australia contact Thoroughbred Breeders WA (08) 9277 9880.
• Brent Atwell
• Troy Van Heemst
• Andrea Gales
• Helen Morton
• Brian Collison
• Ann Croucher
• Fiona Lacey
• Sue Olive
• Amanda Abraham